Education Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam is likely become the next General Secretary of the United National Party.
Reliable sources told the Daily News that a final decision would be arrived at, on Monday, April 23.
“His name has been mentioned often and nominated by many,” the source said. “The UNP working committee would meet on Monday (23) where a decision would be arrived at.”
It is learnt that that Minister Kariyawasam had been recommended in a bid to strengthen the government and the party’s position within the coalition government.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Live in 1 of These 5 Cities? You're Probably Sleeping More (and Stressing Less) Than the Rest of America
- One Giant Sale: Neil Armstrong's Collection Goes to Auction
- Doctors Can Prevent More Amputations With Limb-Saving Surgery
- Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff film will be an action spectacle: Siddharth Anand
- 9 stars who turned down great film roles