Private bus fares will be revised bringing the new fare up by Rs.1 in keeping with the fuel hike and intended annual fare revision, the Lanka Private Bus Owners’ Association (LPBOA) confirmed.
LPBOA President Gemunu Wijeratne told the Daily News that they expected to increase fares by 10 percent this July in keeping with the annual fare revision. “Since fuel prices have been increased we are compelled to increase fares by Rs. 1.” He also mentioned the possibility of revising the fare annually depending on other variables such as fuel price hikes.
Accordingly, the current minimum fare of Rs 10 would increase to Rs 11,” he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Live in 1 of These 5 Cities? You're Probably Sleeping More (and Stressing Less) Than the Rest of America
- One Giant Sale: Neil Armstrong's Collection Goes to Auction
- Doctors Can Prevent More Amputations With Limb-Saving Surgery
- Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff film will be an action spectacle: Siddharth Anand
- 9 stars who turned down great film roles