The teacher-principal strike called yesterday as part of a political conspiracy was an utter flop Education Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam said.
Not a single school out of the 10147 schools countrywide closed yesterday on account of this so called strike despite a somewhat low turn out of students in a handful of schools, he added.
The Minister thanked all principals and teachers who attended schools yesterday with deep concern for the future welfare of the student generation disregarding strike calls made by certain trade unions.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance