Construction work of the National Nephrology Hospital in Polonnaruwa, which is a gift from China, will commence today under the patronage of President Maithripala Sirisena.
This new hospital is being built as the largest kidney hospital in South Asia, at a cost of Rs. 1.2 billion, fulfilling a long term aspiration of the President to provide services to kidney patients.
The hospital would be a great asset and a gift to the people of Sri Lanka, not only for the people living in the North Central Province but also in other areas.
The hospital project includes state-of-the-art equipment and all necessary facilities for kidney patients.
The hospitals consist of 200 bed ward complex, OPD with 100 dialysis machines and six modern operation theatres.
The hospital will also house a 200-seat auditorium and a car park which has 300 parking slots and residential facilities for hospital staff.
The project is expected to be completed within 24 months and is expected to start functioning from July 2020.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- 14 Things To Stop Doing If You Want To Be More Successful
- Can Twitter Change Its 'Core' and Remain Twitter?
- New Generic EpiPen Wins FDA Approval
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas take their families out ahead of engagement celebration
- Aretha Franklin's A Natural Woman: Why the song still moves us, 50 years on