The scheduled fuel price revision every two months would come to effect on Friday (10) where there might be a drop in fuel prices, the Finance Ministry said.
Fuel prices are determined every two months according to the pricing formula introduced on July 10 but it had not affected kerosene prices.
Ministry’s Information Director M. Ali Hassan said when compared with the July international crude oil prices, they had dropped this month.
He said according to World Market prices a barrel of crude oil was selling at SGD73.85 in July and SGD98.09 in May while it had dropped to SGD69.05 this month.
“Therefore, there may be a drop in the prices in the wake of Friday’s fuel pricing committee meeting,” Mr Hassan said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship