Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has informed the Inspector General (IGP) to present him a copy of the investigation report on allegations levelled against TID head, DIG Nalaka de Silva,
The IGP yesterday ordered the Criminal Investigation Department to take over the investigation regarding the allegations levelled against Nalaka de Silva, Police spokesman SP Ruwan Gunasekara told the Daily News.
Gunasekera said the conspiracy was allegedly to assassinate the President and former defence secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa. President Sirisena said yesterday that the investigation into the incident would be handed over to the CID once the Special Investigation Unit (SIU) completes its investigations.
The President had said during yesterday’s meeting with media institutions heads that he had discussed the matter with the IGP last morning and he would discuss the matter further.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship