Police Chief Inspector General of Police (IGP) Pujith Jayasundera and a team of Sri Lankan officials will leave for London to participate in a workshop conducted by Scotland Yard.
The IGP and the team will leave for London on 29 September, for a special one-week training to be held from 1-6 October at Scotland Yard, according to a local media report.
In addition to IGP Jayasundera, the team will include Deputy Minister of State Administration, Law and Order Nalin Bandara, Ministry Secretary Padmasiri Jayamanne, Senior Assistant Secretary of the Ministry Malika Suriyapperuma and Senior Superintendent of Police Mahesh Senaratne.
The Sri Lankan team is participating in the workshop on an invitation from the British Government. The workshop will be held to empower the police reforms and the community policing unit.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship