In a bid to curb traffic congestion and motor vehicle accidents on the roads, the Motor Traffic and Road Safety Department were formulating plans to nab traffic offenders through CCTV cameras. Online payment of traffic fines will also be shortly introduced, DIG Motor Traffic and Road Safety, Ajith Rohana said yesterday (4).
He told a Media briefing, at the Ministry of Law and Order, that it would be convenient for drivers found guilty of traffic offences to pay online.“Offenders could pay the fine online through bank accounts or through mobile phones”, he added. Cabinet approval has already been granted, he said.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship