Three-wheeler charges will be increased by Rs 3.50 from 15 October said the President of the National Joint Three-Wheel Drivers Association, A.D. Alwis yesterday (11).
According to Alwis, while charges for the first kilometre (km) will remain at
Rs 60, charges from the second km will be revised from Rs 42 to Rs 45 and waiting time will be revised from Rs 2.50 to Rs 3 per minute.
He added the Association reached this decision by taking possible future fuel hikes into consideration as well. Meanwhile, the All Island Inter-District School Children Transport Association said that school van charges will also be increased in the near future.
Padmasiri further added that recurring fuel price hikes have become an issue to parents of school children and school van drivers alike.
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- This Is the Type of Confidence To Exude If You Want To Be More Successful
- Researchers Find Bright Sides to Some Invasive Species
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Koffee with Karan 6: Karan Johar to indulge in some ‘crazy banter’ with Aamir Khan
- A brief history of Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's relationship