The Cabinet yesterday approved a paper to give vehicle permits for public servants in the executive category, Cabinet sources said.
The Finance Ministry submitted the paper that was taken up for discussion yesterday at the Cabinet meeting chaired by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Public Administration and Management Minister Ranjith Madduma Bandara and President Sirisena had submitted the recommendations.
Now, public servants in the executive category with a service period of six years or more are entitled to purchase vehicles under tax concession. (DM)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Live in 1 of These 5 Cities? You're Probably Sleeping More (and Stressing Less) Than the Rest of America
- One Giant Sale: Neil Armstrong's Collection Goes to Auction
- Doctors Can Prevent More Amputations With Limb-Saving Surgery
- Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff film will be an action spectacle: Siddharth Anand
- 9 stars who turned down great film roles