The Cabinet yesterday approved a paper to give vehicle permits for public servants in the executive category, Cabinet sources said.
The Finance Ministry submitted the paper that was taken up for discussion yesterday at the Cabinet meeting chaired by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Public Administration and Management Minister Ranjith Madduma Bandara and President Sirisena had submitted the recommendations.
Now, public servants in the executive category with a service period of six years or more are entitled to purchase vehicles under tax concession. (DM)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Inside the Realities of Workplace Mental Health (and What Leaders Can Do to Help)
- Jury: Samsung Owes Apple $539M for Copying iPhone
- Pill Could Radio Doctors About Gut Health
- Race 3: Salman Khan releases song titled, 'Selfish'
- Prince William joins Rio Ferdinand and Liam Payne in contention for dad of the year award