The Cabinet yesterday approved a paper to give vehicle permits for public servants in the executive category, Cabinet sources said.
The Finance Ministry submitted the paper that was taken up for discussion yesterday at the Cabinet meeting chaired by President Maithripala Sirisena.
Public Administration and Management Minister Ranjith Madduma Bandara and President Sirisena had submitted the recommendations.
Now, public servants in the executive category with a service period of six years or more are entitled to purchase vehicles under tax concession. (DM)
Latest from Dhanushika Niroshani
- Michelle Obama’s New Memoir, “Becoming,” Overflows With Wisdom About Relationships, Failure, and Living With Optimism
- Realistic Masks Made in Japan Find Demand from Tech, Car Companies
- Take A Weight Off: 'Grand K' Kilo Being Retired
- Tom Hardy made a CBE by Prince Charles
- Test cricket: Imperative to change the growing home dominance